[TYPO3-ttnews] Strange links in catmenu

Matthias Fitzner administration at bridgetoafrica.net
Fri Aug 10 23:41:44 CEST 2007

Hi to All!
I am a newcomer with TYPO, but not to CMS and HTML etc.

I have now installed tt_news and face a strange behavior.

In the catmenu, being installed on the top of a branch (id=41), the
extension generates i.e. links like

http://www.XXXXX.xxx/index.php?id=41&tx_ttnews[cat]=14&cHash=c6374f620c

to a category, whereby id 41 is also set as the page to return to from
pages like single page. A click on the links does not take one anywhere,
the page is just reloaded, although the settings are "act as link to
category shortcut". The shortcut is set in the categories (id 14) set-up
and points to id 61, and the short description is even shown when
hoovering over this link, just the link itself is just nonsense

On the Latest news page located in a lower branch of the same tree
(without different template), where at the bottom of the latest news the
shotcut to the category is also included, the link is shown correct as

http://www.XXXXX.xxx/index.php?id=61

and the link works fine. In the news list the same, it works fine.

In the the cat_dropdown menu again the problem as in the catmenu.
As far as I can see, all settings are the same. Any idea, what can cause
this problem?
I am searching now since three days, reading manuals, dreaming about
Google search results, but haven´t got any clue.

Please help me out!

Regards

Matthias