[TYPO3-ttnews] Language specific days and months

Martin Hon martin.hon at newmediasolutions.at
Sat Aug 11 11:56:16 CEST 2007

Sara Weale wrote:
> Where does tt_news get its text for the days of the week and months from?
>
> ////I have tried locallang.xml but there doesn't seem to be a reference
> to these there.
>
> OR, is there a way to get tt_news to use the numerical date as it is in
> the news record?
>
> Thanks
> Sara

use this script for checking which locals are installed on the server:

<pre>
<?php

 ob_start();

system('locale -a');

$lc=split("\n", trim(ob_get_contents()));

ob_end_clean();

for ($i=0; $i<= sizeof($lc); $i++) echo $lc[$i].'
';

?>
</pre>

for example i have installed this locales:

POSIX
de_AT
de_AT.iso88591
de_AT.utf8
en_US
en_US.iso88591
en_US.utf8

so i have to use this config for the page to see german daynames:

language = de
locale_all = de_AT
or
locale_all = de_AT.iso88591