[TYPO3-ttnews] changing the css

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Wed Aug 23 12:11:38 CEST 2006

Hi Ben

>If you want to apply your own style you should NOT include the static
template "default CSS-styles (tt_news)".

No, I haven't. (I just played around to see what happened if I did, but I
have un-included it.)

>Just copy the css into a
>news.css file if you want and include it like this:
>
>	# News styles
>includeCSS.file11 = fileadmin/styles/news.css
>	file11 {
>		media = all
>	}

I have the file linked from my html, and that seems to work ok, but for
things that are wrapped by tt_news there are some things I can't seem to
change - I think they might be hard coded but I can't workout how.

Eg on this page:

http://www.deafhub.com/index.php?id=399
and
http://www.deafhub.com/index.php?id=1094&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=16&tx_ttnews[bac
kPid]=399&cHash=99fc2c8ee7

the css labels the <hr class="clearer" /> in the same way (copied from one
css file and pasted into another), and yet it isn't appearing the same way
(the colour is right in one, and defaults to the grey, which I have deleted,
in the other.)

Likewise, in the latest view, I have applied a number of styles to the first
leader article that have taken - eg image float left, text colour and size.
But I have also tried to get the article leader to have a pink background,
that won't apply.

I guess somewhere the css is clashing, but buggered if I can find out where.
I just wondered if something in the hard coding was interfering, seeing as
it is affecting other things (like how "more" appears, etc).

Cate