[TYPO3-ttnews] changing the css

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.com
Tue Aug 22 23:39:06 CEST 2006

Cate & Peter wrote:
> Hi
>

> I have copied and altered the css-styles for tt_news, and linked to it from
> my html, as I have done with all my other pages.
>

> When I  do *not* linked to the default css, some styles are changing things
> like font colours, etc, but I can't add some borders, change float right to
> float left and a couple of other things.
>

> When I *do* link to the default css, the float changes are applied, but not
> all of the colour styles.
>

> I am very confused with this - after all, usually it is advised to copy and
> alter style sheets, so that they aren't overridden in extension updates.
>

> What is the problem?

Hi Cate,

If you want to apply your own style you should NOT include the static
template "default CSS-styles (tt_news)". Just copy the css into a
news.css file if you want and include it like this:

	# News styles
includeCSS.file11 = fileadmin/styles/news.css
	file11 {
		media = all
	}

You can also start from scratch. It should be no problem.

HTH

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation