[TYPO3-Solr] No results with short words

Loek Hilgersom loek at netcoop.nl
Wed May 6 10:01:04 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I have a strange issue with solr: if I enter a long word which has several
results, and add a short word which also exists in combination with the longer
word, then nothing is found.

For example, if I search for 'people' I get 80 hits.
If I search for 'people from', I get none, eventhough this exact combination
exists in many of those 80 hits.

Searching for 'from' gives no results either.

The issue is probably with the solr configuration, the problem occurs on
production and staging servers, both use solr 4.8.1 and tomcat 7, tested with
both OpenJDK and Oracle Java. On my dev-machine I do not have this issue, there
I have solr 4.8.1 with jetty. That's the only relevant difference I can think of.

Summarized, I have very different search results on my dev-machine, using the
same code and data (dev is the only machine that works correctly).

Did anyone have a similar issue, or suggestions?

Thanks,
Loek