[TYPO3-Solr] unable to contact the Apache Solr server

Robert W rewebit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 07:24:47 CEST 2014

Hello,

We are running TYPO3 6.2.4 and have installed the solr extension v 3.0. The install of Apache Solr was done on a seperate machine, as it will be in production. The Apache Solr install was done using the script from the solr Extension.  We can reach the Solr admin panel on the remote machine and interact with it.

When running the report to check on the installation of the solr extension in TYPO3, we get the following:

"Your site was unable to contact the Apache Solr server."

If I build the URL out of what is in the Error message and post it in a browser the admin panel comes up. In reviewing other posts, it looks like the path should include the core language. When I try to follow the examples and add: /core_en/  to the path, it still does not resolve. We have tried to configure this for multiple languages.

Can someone provide a link to how to configure the Apache Solr and solr Extension for multiple languages? It seems we are close, just need to get the path information correct in the plugin constants.txt file. We greatly appreaciate any help to resolve this problem.

Best Regards
Robert