[TYPO3-Solr] "Initialize Index Queue" times with 17000 pages records

Søren Malling soren.malling at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 09:45:09 CEST 2013

Hi!

I'm looking for some best practice on this issue.

I'm migrating a lot of records from "tt_news" to "pages". These records
should be searchable through Solr. After migrating all articles (~17000) I
go to the "Search" module and click "Initialize Index Queue". After 240
seconds (my max execution limit) the request times out.

Is there a best practice on starting to index this many new records?

A thought, I hope someone can maybe confirm: When I migrate the tt_news
articles, I'm using the TYPO3 Database API ($GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']) to insert
records - would I benefit anything in regards of indexing if I used TCEmain
and process_dataCmdMap instead (Solr hooks for normal content editing?)

Cheers,

Søren