[TYPO3-Solr] "Initialize Index Queue" times with 17000 pages records

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Sep 13 10:39:21 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 13-9-2013 9:45, Søren Malling wrote:
> A thought, I hope someone can maybe confirm: When I migrate the tt_news
> articles, I'm using the TYPO3 Database API ($GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB']) to insert
> records - would I benefit anything in regards of indexing if I used TCEmain
> and process_dataCmdMap instead (Solr hooks for normal content editing?)

Using TCEmain would indeed trigger the hook and makes EXT:solr add the
item to the index queue for you.

It will slow down your migration, but it will also have the additional
benefit that TYPO3 will do the normal checking, converting fields,
updates/sets crdate,tstamp,etcetera fields and does other housekeeping
tasks.
If you have a scheduler task for the migration instead of a single
script the slower migration won't be much of a problem I guess.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!