[TYPO3-Solr] Index Queue Worker: error when started automatically in scheduler, no error when started manually

Andreas Brunn brunn at archaeomedia.de
Tue Feb 28 17:53:14 CET 2012

Hi,

I just upgraded from tx_solr 1.3 to 2.0 from TER.

SOLR search is working in general after I set up the SOLR server 3.5 and
did all the necessary configuration. Pages and news get indexed when I
run the Index Queue Worker task manually and searching in the frontend
is working.

The problem is that the Index Queue Worker task in scheduler seems to
run without errors ONLY when I start it manually. Everytime when started
automatically via cron it indicates the following error and indexing
does not proceed any further:

"Ausführung fehlgeschlagen: 1311080805, Could not create a valid URL to
get frontend data while trying to index a page. Created URL:
http://www.archaeologie-online.de/index.php?id=1932&L=0"

The URL looks perfectly valid to me and when I access that URL via
browser the correct page is shown with HTTP status 200 OK.
The page id mentioned in the error message is not always the same, so it
should not be a problem with a specific page.

Could some point me to the right direction how I can fix that?

Here is some information from dev log that may give a hint to the source
of the problem:
-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------

*indexQueueUid 	127958
*rootPageUid 	40
*type 	pages
*indexingConfigurationName 	pages
*changed 	1302897750
*indexingProperties 	EMPTY!
*indexingPropertiesLoaded 	1
*hasIndexingProperties
*recordUid 	1932

constructed URL 	http://www.archaeologie-online.de/index.php?id=1932&L=0
scheme 	http
host 	www.archaeologie-online.de
path 	/
page ID 	1932
indexer options 	EMPTY!

-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------

indexingProperties and indexer options are empty. Could that cause the
problem?
If so, how would I set indexing properties and indexer options correctly
(current TS setup see below)?

As mentioned above this error occurs only when Index Queue Worker task
is started automatically by the scheduler. Other scheduler tasks don't
show any errors when run automatically.

The "Apache SOLR (solr)" template is included in website's root page
(that has "root page" enabled and a correct domain record). Custom
Typoscript is set up as follows:
-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------

plugin.tx_solr {
   enabled = 1
   enableDebugMode = 1
   useCurlHttpTransport = 0
}
plugin.tx_solr.solr {
   host = localhost
   port = 1050
   path = /solr/core_de/
   scheme = http
}

plugin.tx_solr.index {
   files = 1 # enable file indexing
   files.allowedTypes = doc, docx, pdf
   fieldProcessingInstructions {
     changed = timestampToIsoDate
     created = timestampToIsoDate
     endtime = timestampToIsoDate
   }
}

plugin.tx_solr.index.queue {
   tt_news = 1
   tt_news {
     fields {
       abstract = short
       author = author
       description = short
       title = title
       content = SOLR_CONTENT
       content {
         field = bodytext
         ifEmpty.cObject = TEXT
         ifEmpty.cObject {
           field = short
         }
       }
       category_stringM = SOLR_RELATION
       category_stringM {
         localField = category
         multiValue = 1
       }
       keywords = SOLR_MULTIVALUE
       keywords {
         field = keywords
       }
       url = TEXT
       url {
         typolink.parameter = {$plugin.tt_news.singlePid}
         typolink.additionalParams =
&tx_ttnews[tt_news]={field:uid}&L={field:__solr_index_language}
         typolink.additionalParams.insertData = 1
         typolink.returnLast = url
         typolink.useCacheHash = 1
       }
       sortAuthor_stringS = author
       sortTitle_stringS  = title
     }
     attachments {
       fields = news_files
     }
     additionalWhereClause = type = 0
   }
}

plugin.tx_solr.search {
   query.allowEmptyQuery = 1
   targetPage = 50
   results {
     resultsHighlighting = 1
     siteHighlighting = 1
     showDocumentScoreAnalysis = 1
     markResultTypeBoundaries = 1
   }
   spellchecking = 1
   lastSearches = 1
   frequentSearches = 1
   sorting = 1
   sorting {
     defaultOrder = asc
     options {
       relevance {
         field = relevance
         label = Relevanz
       }

       title {
         field = sortTitle_stringS
         label = Titel
       }

       type {
         field = type
         label = Typ
       }

       author {
         field = sortAuthor_stringS
         label = Autor
       }

       created {
         field = created
         label = Datum
       }
     }
   }
   faceting = 1
   faceting {
     # Gruppierung entfernen Link Beschriftung
     removeFacetLinkText = @facetText (entfernen)
     facets {
         type {
           label = Filtertyp
           renderingInstruction = CASE
           renderingInstruction {
             key.field = optionValue
             pages = TEXT
             pages.value = Pages
             pages.lang.de = Seiten
             tt_news = TEXT
             tt_news.value = News
             tt_news.lang.de = Nachrichten
          }
         }
       }
     }
   }

plugin.tx_solr.statistics = 1

plugin.tx_solr.suggest = 1

plugin.tx_solr.logging {
   exceptions = 1
   indexing {
     indexQueueInitialization = 1
     missingTypo3SearchMarkers = 1
     pageIndexed = 1
     queue {
       pages = 1
       tt_news = 1
     }
   }
   query {
     filters = 1
     searchWords = 1
     queryString = 1
     rawPost = 1
     rawGet = 1
   }
}

plugin.tx_solr.templateFiles {
   search = fileadmin/templates/solr/search.htm
   results = fileadmin/templates/solr/results.htm
   pagebrowser = fileadmin/templates/solr/pagebrowser.htm
}

plugin.tx_solr.cssFiles {
   results     = fileadmin/templates/solr/results.css
   suggest     = fileadmin/templates/solr/jquery-ui.custom.css
}

-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------8<-------

Some further configuration information:
Apache/2.2.21 on Linux
Apache Tomcat/6.0.20
Apache SOLR 3.5
Java VM 1.6.0_06-b02
PHP 5.3.10
TYPO3 4.5.10

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this long post - I tried
to provide all information that seemed to be useful for tracking down
the problem.

Regards,
Andreas

--