[TYPO3-project-seminars] csv

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Sun Nov 4 21:03:34 CET 2007

Hi Erich,

Erich Schnepf schrieb:
> Line-break:
> I have some (I think 4) checkboxes in the registration. They should be
> in one line in the csv-export. Now I get a line-break. That means, that
> f. e. one or more values from checkboxes are in a new line in a
> excel-file, wich means that it is a data-record for itself.

Actually, they are supposed to be on separate lines, but in the same
cell (so there are line breaks in the cells).

Generally, line breaks should be okay in CSV records if double quotes
are used as field delimiters. Are you using double quotes as field
delimiters in your CSV settings?

I haven't been able to test with Excel, though, as I personally use
OpenOffice.org. Could you please in Excel create a table that contains
line breaks in a cell, export that as CSV and compare that format to the
format created with the Seminar Manager CSV export?

> It seems, that you cropped the line length - is that right?

Um, where? What did I do? *confused*

Regards,