[TYPO3-project-seminars] registration confirmation email

Mario Rimann typo3-coding at rimann.org
Wed Feb 28 13:53:02 CET 2007

Hi Rina

Rina Giulivi schrieb:
> thanks for your help. We cannot use (2). (2) is well documented in the
> documentation.
What speaks against using sr_feuser_register?

> We only needed to know if the seminar plug in supported sending confirmation
> emails or not.
The Seminar Manager is able to send confirmation messages for different
things:
- confirmation to a user that registered to an event
- notification to the organizer when a user registered to an event
- notification to the organizer when an event reaches a limit (enough
attendees / fully booked)

But as the Seminar Manager doesn't allow persons to create user
accounts, there are also no confirmation mails on creating user accounts.

Or did I misunderstand your question?

> Unfortunately, this extension has been implemented by a supplier of ours for
> a final customer, but they modified heavily the internal code without
> telling us. We have never used the extension before (a very interesting and
> valid extension by the way!). We are now trying to rewrite the installation
> using the standard un-modified extension, and some things are not clear at
> all (the supplier has been less than transparent). It is very difficult to
> understand what they have done to the extension.

Thanks for the positive feedback! I can just repeat myself: It's always
bad to modify extensions code on the own side. It's way better to create
a patch and deliver the code modification to the extensions author. Then
this code can go into the core of the extension and will be included in
the upcoming releases. I know it was not your fault! So don't get me
wrong - I don't want to offend you.

If you have questions about the un-modified version of the extension,
don't hesitate to ask those questions here in this
newsgroup/mailinglist. But please also understand, that no one of us
will provide support for modified versions of the extension.

Cheers,
Mario