[TYPO3-project-seminars] question about the use of html templates

Martin Keck martin_keck at gmx.de
Thu Aug 31 00:39:18 CEST 2006

Hi Mario,

> As I understand, you're just talking about visual difference between
> current, upcoming and past events, right? That should be possible with
> some CSS classes that get added to the outputted HTML. Some more lines
> of code will be needed to change for this :-)

Yes, I'm talking about visual differences. But I don't think it could be
done with just some more css classes, as the elements have different
positions on the site (and I don't want to make absolute positioned divs
etc).

> Please read the "how can I help" section in the extension's manual. We
> described the workflow we're using to develop. One important thing is:
> use the bugtracker! That's the central place to coordinate all work that
> need's to be done. If you have features you want to include (like the
> above), open up a bug report. Longer discussions about the bugs should
> be held in the newsgroup, the resuls/descisions should then be noted
> into the bug report.
>
> I'll really appreciate if you could make a patch and upload it to the
> bugtracker. Either Oliver or I will have a look on it.

For now I added a second template field on the options page and changed
the php code to use the second template file for past seminars. That's
just a cheap hack and not really great, but right now the thing just has
to work (deadline is monday...). When I'll have some more time to spend,
I'll probably do it in a better way and will share it to the public.

Greets,
Martin