[TYPO3-rte] how to debug "The editor is being loaded. Please wait..."?

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Wed Dec 19 18:08:08 CET 2012

Hi Bernd,

> I got an installation 4.5.22 where the RTE is not loadin:
> just until "The editor is being loaded. Please wait..."
>
> circumstances I found til now:
> if a CSS-File is included and this file has more than 0 Bytes the RTE
> does not load.
>
> I can't notice any javascript-errors.
>
> strange:
> if the included css-file does not exist (wrong path/ wrong name) or has
> no content the RTE loads, but has default-values.
>
> as far as the file has one space the RTE will not load.

Is the behaviour the same in all browsers? Looks like a problem
accessing the configured stylesheets.

> where and how can I search for further errors?

Using the Extension Manager, enable the RTE troubleshooting mode. This
will display a log below the RTE editing area, and may display some
(recurring) error when the RTE script tries to access the stylesheets.