[TYPO3-rte] how to debug "The editor is being loaded. Please wait..."?

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Wed Dec 19 18:47:08 CET 2012

Am Wed, 19 Dec 2012 12:08:08 -0500 schrieb Stanislas Rolland:

> Hi Bernd,
>
>> I got an installation 4.5.22 where the RTE is not loadin:
>> just until "The editor is being loaded. Please wait..."
>>
>> circumstances I found til now:
>> if a CSS-File is included and this file has more than 0 Bytes the RTE
>> does not load.
>>
>> I can't notice any javascript-errors.
>>
>> strange:
>> if the included css-file does not exist (wrong path/ wrong name) or has
>> no content the RTE loads, but has default-values.
>>
>> as far as the file has one space the RTE will not load.
>>
> Is the behaviour the same in all browsers? Looks like a problem
> accessing the configured stylesheets.

IE 9 and FF 17 act the same
chrome does continue - without the CSS

>> where and how can I search for further errors?
>>
> Using the Extension Manager, enable the RTE troubleshooting mode. This
> will display a log below the RTE editing area, and may display some
> (recurring) error when the RTE script tries to access the stylesheets.

I got this hint in t3.german already and found:
ERROR [HTMLArea.Iframe::getStyleSheets]: A security error occurred. Make
sure all stylesheets are accessed from the same domain/subdomain and using
the same protocol as the current script.
[HTMLArea.Iframe::getStyleSheets]: Stylesheets not yet loaded
([Exception... "The operation is insecure." code: "18" nsresult:
"0x80530012 (SecurityError)" location:
"https://--domain--/typo3temp/rtehtmlarea/
htmlarea_cumulative_c32fdcafa2a6ca75de82.js?1355741275
Line: 1064"]). Retrying...

as the BE is accessed in https, the css is requested also by https.
but there is a redirecting on the server which redirects
https://domain/.../file.css to
http://domain/.../file.css. This file is loaded but the RTE does not like
it and tried again the https.
and again