[TYPO3-rte] creating acronym: block element deleted

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Mon Oct 4 16:39:56 CEST 2010

Hi Stephan,

> after having spent hours to understand and to correctly configure
> "acronym" there remains a problem which i can't solve:

If you want to write down how you did it, I will add your text as a
tutorial in the manual.

> when i create an acronym around a block element, the acronym is
> inserted, but the block element gets _deleted_:
>
> block element --> <acronym title:"xyz"></acronym> instead of
> <acronym title:"xyz">block element</acronym>

This is not valid HTML. Block elements are not allowed inside
abbr/acronym elements. These are inline elements, and therefore are not
allowed to contain block elements.

I think the acronym/abbr button should not be enabled if the selected
text contains a block. Please report the issue into the bugtracker.

I was not able to reproduce the behaviour you describe (using SVN
trunk), but if an abbr/acronym tag contains a block the abbr/acronym tag
will be removed on the way to the database (but the block and its
contents will be preserved). Also if you edit an abbr tag around some
block tag in text mode, I think the block tag (and its content) will be
moved out of the abbr element when you toggle to wysiwyg mode.