[TYPO3-rte] creating acronym: block element deleted

Stephan Bernhard grac at gmx.ch
Mon Oct 4 21:53:33 CEST 2010

hi stanislas

thanks for answering.

>> after having spent hours to understand and to correctly configure
>> "acronym" there remains a problem which i can't solve:
>
> If you want to write down how you did it, I will add your text as a
> tutorial in the manual.

i already did some explanation in the german forum.
if you want i can translate it for you into english.

>> when i create an acronym around a block element, the acronym is
>> inserted, but the block element gets _deleted_:
>>
>> block element --> <acronym title:"xyz"></acronym> instead of
>> <acronym title:"xyz">block element</acronym>
>>
> This is not valid HTML. Block elements are not allowed inside
> abbr/acronym elements. These are inline elements, and therefore are not
> allowed to contain block elements.

sorry for the typo: of course it's <acronym titel="xyz">

and maybe i choose the wrong description with "block element".
what i meant is a highlighted word or even more than one word, as one
highlights it when you want to create an a-tag around or an inline-tag.

interestingly creating an acronym worked until the new version, and it's
very practical in the WYSYWYG mode, as you call it.

so i'm still puzzled why the deletion of the highlighted expression/word
happens now.

thanks for further explanation.

stephan