[TYPO3-rte] configuration of popup windows (TSConfig dialogueWindow)

Manfred Mirsch manfred.mirsch at tandemmedia.de
Wed Nov 17 15:05:28 CET 2010

Hi,
I am not sure if it's a bug, so I post it here first.

When trying to configure the window size for popup windows I raun into
problems.

In page tsconfig I put:
RTE.default {
   buttons.link.dialogueWindow.width = 600
   buttons.link.dialogueWindow.height = 400
   buttons.link.dialogueWindow.positionFromTop = 10
   buttons.link.dialogueWindow.positionFromLeft = 10
}

What I recognized, when I debug htmlarea.js:
in openContainerWindow
#4467 openContainerWindow: function (buttonId, title, dimensions, url) {

I debug like this:
   alert(dimensions.toSource());

alert displays:
({width:"600", height:"400", top:10, left:10, positionFromTop:false,
positionFromLeft:false})

No I see two problems:
1. The values for width and height are given as Strings but are required
as Integers.
2. top and left is not handled in openContainerWindow

I changed the definition of width and height and added definitions for x
and y like this:

width: parseInt(dimensions.width),
height: parseInt(dimensions.height),
x: parseInt(dimensions.left),
y: parseInt(dimensions.top),

Now everything works fine for me.

Anybody has experience with this problem?

Greetings,
Manfred