[TYPO3-rte] class contenttable missing

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Thu Aug 19 08:12:27 CEST 2010

Hi Silke,

> since having updated to TYPO3 v4.3.4 we have the problem that table
> class "contenttable" is not displayed in the frontend for a lot of our
> tables anymore so that our css setting for these tables are not working
> anymore.
> This problem seems to be caused by the table
> class="htmlarea-showtableborders" which is set in the DB for all older
> tables which have been created before the update. Whereever
> "htmlarea-showtableborders" can be found in the db,
This is not normal. class htmlarea-showtableborders should not be in the
database. Is is assigned only to the body element of the RTE editing
area, not to the table (maybe this was different in old versions?).

there is no table
> class "contenttable" in the frontend. At the same time, the tables we
> have created after the update, do have the class "contenttable".

Using the default settings of CSS Styled Content, class "contenttable"
is added only if there is no class specified on the table.

You may force the value of the class attribute of all tables to
"contenttable" by adding the following setting in your TS template:

lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks.table.stdWrap.HTMLparser.tags.table.fixAttrib.class.set
= contenttable

> After comparing different TYPO3 versions, we can say that in TYPO3
> v4.3.1 and v4.3.2 this problem did not occur, whereas in v4.3.4 /
> rtehtmlarea 1.8.11 the class contenttable is not displayed, as well as
> in 4.4.1 / rtehtmlarea 2.0.3. and in 4.3.5 / rtehtmlarea 1.8.11.
>
> What can we do to get the class "contenttable" again? The aim is that
> table class ="contenttable" is displayed if there is no class in the db
> or only class "htmlarea-showtableborders".
Perhaps
lib.parseFunc_RTE.externalBlocks.table.stdWrap.HTMLparser.tags.table.fixAttrib.class.list
= contenttable,other allowed classes
will do it.

See
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_tsref/4.3.2/view/1/5/#id2511097

for the options you have.

> Another, yet older problem is that the table borders in the BE do not
> remain visible in the RTE (even it class "htmlarea-showtableborders" is
> found in the db). After each saving, we have to set "toggle borders"
> again. Is there any possibility to set tpggle borders as standard? Right
> now we are using the following pageTS in this respect:
>
> RTE.default.buttons {
> toggleborders.setOnTableCreation = 1
> table.enableHandles = 1
> }

RTE.default.buttons.toggleborders.setOnRTEOpen = 1

will do it.