[TYPO3-rte] class contenttable missing

Silke Arend sa at externes-management.de
Wed Aug 11 17:28:06 CEST 2010

Hi,

since having updated to TYPO3 v4.3.4 we have the problem that table
class "contenttable" is not displayed in the frontend for a lot of our
tables anymore so that our css setting for these tables are not working
anymore.
This problem seems to be caused by the table
class="htmlarea-showtableborders" which is set in the DB for all older
tables which have been created before the update. Whereever
"htmlarea-showtableborders" can be found in the db, there is no table
class "contenttable" in the frontend. At the same time, the tables we
have created after the update, do have the class "contenttable".

After comparing different TYPO3 versions, we can say that in TYPO3
v4.3.1 and v4.3.2 this problem did not occur, whereas in v4.3.4 /
rtehtmlarea 1.8.11 the class contenttable is not displayed, as well as
in 4.4.1 / rtehtmlarea 2.0.3. and in 4.3.5 / rtehtmlarea 1.8.11.

What can we do to get the class "contenttable" again? The aim is that
table class ="contenttable" is displayed if there is no class in the db
or only class "htmlarea-showtableborders".

Another, yet older problem is that the table borders in the BE do not
remain visible in the RTE (even it class "htmlarea-showtableborders" is
found in the db). After each saving, we have to set "toggle borders"
again. Is there any possibility to set tpggle borders as standard? Right
now we are using the following pageTS in this respect:

RTE.default.buttons {
        toggleborders.setOnTableCreation = 1
        table.enableHandles = 1
}