[TYPO3-rte] TYPO3 and CkEditor

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Oct 28 11:43:23 CET 2009

Thomas Allmer schrieb:
> Zachary Davis, Cast Iron Coding LLC wrote:
>> My team and I recently stumbled upon ckeditor [...]
>> getting it implemented in TYPO3 and have made quite a bit of progress,
>> including building a custom, extJS-driven dialog (the extJS tree
>> library is really quite powerful!) for handling links to pages in the
>> page tree.
>> [...]
>
> nice to see some work beeing done on the RTE...
> We also have our own RTE "tinymce_rte" which uses TinyMCE. I really like
> how it works but the pagebrowers could be nicer. So I would really like
> to check out your extJS-driven dialog and if you don't mind probably
> port it to be usable with tinymce_rte.
>
> Or if you need any help on improving the dialog. I would love to see and
> help out on a project to improve the pagebrowser.
>
>> If anyone else is working on this, I'd love to get in touch with you.
>> Also, if anyone is interested in helping to test the alpha release
>> when it's ready, please let me know and I'll send you an email with a
>> link to the t3x when it's ready.
>
> I could help testing...

Sounds interesting! But instead of every RTE implementation bringing its
own "page browser", why not make a generic extJS pagebrowser? Could be a
separate extension for now. We could later try to integrate it into core
so that every extension (and RTE) might use it.

Something that has a similar API to "browse_links.php" and
"browse_files.php" but totally extJS based (and not opening in a popup
but in an overlay instead).

Cheers,
Ernesto