[TYPO3-rte] TYPO3 and CkEditor

Thomas Allmer at at delusionworld.com
Wed Oct 28 09:47:21 CET 2009

Zachary Davis, Cast Iron Coding LLC wrote:
> My team and I recently stumbled upon ckeditor [...]
> getting it implemented in TYPO3 and have made quite a bit of progress,
> including building a custom, extJS-driven dialog (the extJS tree library
> is really quite powerful!) for handling links to pages in the page tree.
> [...]

nice to see some work beeing done on the RTE...
We also have our own RTE "tinymce_rte" which uses TinyMCE. I really like
how it works but the pagebrowers could be nicer. So I would really like
to check out your extJS-driven dialog and if you don't mind probably
port it to be usable with tinymce_rte.

Or if you need any help on improving the dialog. I would love to see and
help out on a project to improve the pagebrowser.

> If anyone else is working on this, I'd love to get in touch with you.
> Also, if anyone is interested in helping to test the alpha release when
> it's ready, please let me know and I'll send you an email with a link to
> the t3x when it's ready.

I could help testing...

cheers