[TYPO3-rte] Footnotes custom tags work - but not in <li></li> ... why?!

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Fri Oct 16 11:19:58 CEST 2009

Hi Stanislas,

sorry for my late reply - I've been traveling the last 3 days...

So - what I did now is: I removed ANY ts conf I wrote myself, using just
the original "typical" conf of the rte and added fn as allowtag:

RTE.default.proc.allowTags := addToList(fn)
RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db.allowTags := addToList(fn)

By the way, I'm using TYPO3 4.2.8 and 4.2.9 for testing.

The result: my fn tag got specialchared in DB (no matter if in lists or
normal paragraphs). But this led to specialchared output in FE as well -
in both cases.

The result before (using my adjusted TS conf) was better as everything
worked as expected for the case of using my custom tag within normal
paragraphs.

Using my own working conf, the fn custom tags in tables were
specialchared just like the ones in lists.

> RTE.default.dontUndoHSC_db = 1
> RTE.default.RTEdontHSC_rte = 1

I didn't find RTEdontHSC_rte but I guess you meant dontHSC_rte. And yes,
I had these as well (in my adjusted as well as in the typical conf)

>> It seems as if manually entering custom tags is treated js-wise
>> differntly within lists compared to normal paragraphs.
>>
> AFAIK they would be treated the same way.

Yeah should be maybe. But somehow the difference between custom tags in
paragraphs and within lists showed up already when debugging the datamap
right after saving - that is afaik even before the rte transformation(s)
take place.

That is what amazes me the most... Maybe there is a rule, that
everything within "normal" tags (like lists, tables, etc.) will be
specialchared right while typing via JS!? Or maybe on submit...

Regards,
Jochen