[TYPO3-rte] Footnotes custom tags work - but not in <li></li> ... why?!

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Mon Oct 12 22:22:50 CEST 2009

Hi Jochen,

> That is why I also set up
>
> RTE.default.proc {
>   // PROTECT CUSTOM TAGS
>   entryHTMLparser_db.keepNonMatchedTags = protect
> }

This is the default setting when htmlArea RTE is installed.
It is normal then that the custom tags are htmlspecialchar'ed on the way
to the database... whether inside lists or not.

> which works perfectly for footnotes within paragraphs... but not within
> lists.
I do not understand why. What about footnotes inside other block
elements such as hx, div or blockquote or table?

> Is there any other trail I could follow?!
There are two more settings that may have an effect here (these are also
set by default when the RTE is installed):

RTE.default.dontUndoHSC_db = 1
RTE.default.RTEdontHSC_rte = 1

> It seems as if manually entering custom tags is treated js-wise
> differntly within lists compared to normal paragraphs.

AFAIK they would be treated the same way.