[TYPO3-rte] Footnotes custom tags work - but not in <li></li> ... why?!

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Mon Oct 12 20:07:52 CEST 2009

Hi Stanislas,

thanks for caring...

> Are you sure this happens only within lists?

Yes, it happens only within lists. And as far as I could debug, the
value handed over to tcemain's datamap already contains a specialchar'ed
version of the custom tag. But only within lists. So, this led me to the
conclusion that htmlarea itself already performs some (live) JS action
before handing over the data?

> You need the following lines in Page TSConfig:
>
> RTE.default.proc.allowTags := addToList(fn)
> RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db.allowTags := addToList(fn)

Yes ... I tried this solution as well. Same behaviour, additionally with
an unwanted behaviour: the <fn> tags then turned "invisible" in the RTE
after saving... but I want them to stay visible).

That is why I also set up

RTE.default.proc {
   // PROTECT CUSTOM TAGS
   entryHTMLparser_db.keepNonMatchedTags = protect
}

which works perfectly for footnotes within paragraphs... but not within
lists.

Is there any other trail I could follow?!

It seems as if manually entering custom tags is treated js-wise
differntly within lists compared to normal paragraphs.

Regards,
Jochen