[TYPO3-RTE] htmlArea RTE transformBoldAndItalicTags for remapping <b> and <i>!?

Niklas Kanthak niklas.kanthak at t-online.de
Thu Jan 22 01:39:53 CET 2009

Hi Stanislas,

> This property is documented here:
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.2.0/view/5/2/#id4510827

thank you. Hm, it seems I really dont't get the sense of this function
or the overall concept. So 1 is the default value of it (regardless the
setting to 1 in res/proc/pageTSConfig.txt!)? That means e. g. RTE uses
<strong> but it is written as <b> to the database. And therefore always
rendered bad as <b> in the frontend.

> I had to turn it off and to remap the tags
>> manually to <strong> and <em>. Is this wanted?
>>
> No, I would strongly recommend that you replace your former
> transformation processing configuration with the new transformation
> processing (RTE.default.proc) configuration provided with the new
> version of the RTE.

You mean this way? (This what I did)

## Default RTE configuration
RTE.default {
	## List all class selectors that are allowed on the way to the database
	proc {
		## REMAP BOLD AND ITALIC TO STRONG AND EMPHASIS AND VICE VERSA
		# disabled
		transformBoldAndItalicTags = 0

		entryHTMLparser_db {
			tags {
				b.remap = strong
				i.remap = em
			}
		}
	}
}

> If you enable the additional inline elements feature, then the situation
> will be different. The flag will be unset because you then have buttons
> for and can use all of i, em, b and strong elements.

Hm, okay, good to know. The documentation reads: "Enable additional
inline elements: If set, the potential use of additional inline elements
will be enabled in the default configuration of the RTE." Please give me
a hint where to find more explanation for this. Thanks!

Regards

Niklas