[TYPO3-RTE] htmlArea RTE transformBoldAndItalicTags for remapping <b> and <i>!?

Stanislas Rolland typo3 at sjbr.ca
Wed Jan 21 01:17:08 CET 2009

Hi Niklas,

> after updating a TYPO3 4.1.7 (htmlArea RTE 1.5.6) to 4.2.3 (1.7.7) I had
> to realize that the former proper configuration of <strong> and <em> for
> the emphasis of text didn't work anymore and again <b> and <i> were
> written to the database.
>
> Looking for the reason I encountered the new(?)
> transformBoldAndItalicTags flag in the res/proc/pageTSConfig.txt
> configuration file. I couldn't find any documentation about it, what's
> the effect of this flag?

This property is documented here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.2.0/view/5/2/#id4510827

I had to turn it off and to remap the tags
> manually to <strong> and <em>. Is this wanted?

No, I would strongly recommend that you replace your former
transformation processing configuration with the new transformation
processing (RTE.default.proc) configuration provided with the new
version of the RTE.

If you enable the additional inline elements feature, then the situation
will be different. The flag will be unset because you then have buttons
for and can use all of i, em, b and strong elements.

Kind regards,