[TYPO3-RTE] RTE removes span-tags after saving

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Fri Nov 14 12:13:37 CET 2008

Hello, List.

I was reading documentation and this list, but haven't found solution
yet...

The problem is, when I'm using non-default text styles in RTE (which
are inserted with span-tags), they aren't saved into DB.

F.e. such configuration:

RTE.default.contentCSS = fileadmin/template/css/style-rte.css

RTE.default {
       classesCharacter = red
       showTagFreeClasses = 1
}

will add "red" to "Text style" drop-down and it will be successfully
applied to every text segment. But after saving it will be removed
from text.

I've tried to add this:
RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db.tags.span.fixAttrib.style.unset >
RTE.default.useCSS = 1

But it was helpless.

The more strange thing, when I comment out whole Page TS Setup (or
just leave:
RTE.default.proc.entryHTMLparser_db.tags.span.fixAttrib.style.unset >
RTE.default.useCSS = 1 )
default text styles (Detail, Important, Name of Person) are
successfully apllying to text and saving to DB.

Thanks for anyone, who could help me with this.