[TYPO3-RTE] HR tags wrapped with p

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Thu May 8 22:19:25 CEST 2008

Hello Einar,

Einar Gislason wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm having some problems with the hr element in the RTE. Every time I
> insert the hr element it gets wrapped with a p tag. This not only
> generates an validation error, but also inserts extra space around the
> hrin IE6.
>
> Even worse, if the hr is between two sentences, the first one comes
> out fine, but the second is wrapped in the p tag with the hr. The
>
> I tested this in rtehtmlarea 1.5.5 and 1.7.4, with and
> withoutproc.allowTagsOutside = hr.
>
> Does anybody have a solution to this problem?

1) Go to Web->Info, in the select list on top choose Page TSConfig.
2) In the select list in the main window choose RTE
3) Check whether hr is in the list of key default.proc.allowTagsOutside.
4) If not, in your RTE conf RTE.default.proc.allowTagsOutside = hr,
other tags

If that does not solve your problem, this is most likely not due to your
RTE configuration issue but of your typoscript template. Check the
settings of lib.parseFunc_RTE. My first guess that we simply have to add
    hr to the list of
lib.parseFunc_RTE.nonTypoTagStdWrap.encapsLines.encapsTagList
unfortunately does not solve your.

Besides that one, hr is not rendered xhtml compatible, which is a bug.

Regards, Uschi