[TYPO3-RTE] HR tags wrapped with p

Einar Gislason einar at linkfactory.dk
Fri May 9 08:38:10 CEST 2008

In article
<mailman.1.1210278196.8999.typo3-project-rte at lists.netfielders.de>Uschi
 Renziehausen <typo3news at otherone.de> wrote:
>  Hello Einar,

>  Einar Gislason wrote:
>>   Hi
>>
>>   I'm having some problems with the hr element in the RTE. Every
>> time I insert the hr element it gets wrapped with a p tag. This not
>> only generates an validation error, but also inserts extra space
>> around the hrin IE6.
>>
>>   Even worse, if the hr is between two sentences, the first one
>> comes out fine, but the second is wrapped in the p tag with the hr.
>>
>>   I tested this in rtehtmlarea 1.5.5 and 1.7.4, with and
>> withoutproc.allowTagsOutside = hr.
>>
>>   Does anybody have a solution to this problem?
>>

>  1) Go to Web->Info, in the select list on top choose Page TSConfig.
> 2) In the select list in the main window choose RTE
>  3) Check whether hr is in the list of key
> default.proc.allowTagsOutside. 4) If not, in your RTE conf
> RTE.default.proc.allowTagsOutside = hr, other tags

>  If that does not solve your problem, this is most likely not due to
> your RTE configuration issue but of your typoscript template. Check
> the settings of lib.parseFunc_RTE. My first guess that we simply have
> to add     hr to the list of
>  lib.parseFunc_RTE.nonTypoTagStdWrap.encapsLines.encapsTagList
> unfortunately does not solve your.

>  Besides that one, hr is not rendered xhtml compatible, which is a
> bug.

>  Regards, Uschi

Hi Uschi

I had tried with and without allowtagsoutside, but that didn't
work.Adding hr to the lib.parseFunc....encapsTagList doesn't work
either.

The only way to remove the p tag around the hr is to write (TS):
lib.parseFunc_RTE.nonTypoTagStdWrap.encapsLines.nonWrappedTag >
but that isn't really any good either because then a bunch of
otherstuff doesn't get wrapped.

You are also right on the hr not being xhtml compatible, the tag
should berendered <hr /> just like the br tag.

Should this be submitted as a bug or is there a fix?

Regards, Einar

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo