[TYPO3-RTE] IE breaks custom tag

Stefan Beylen typo3 at we-make.net
Wed Jun 18 10:43:07 CEST 2008

hi uschi!

Uschi Renziehausen wrote:
> Now you cannot use lex in RTE because the most beloved IE will f.. up
> any none html element. If you now use var or any other element without
> some customized attribute and a special transformation rules for DB->RTE
> and vice versa you will be unable to use var for any other purpose but a
> lex replacement.

yes, but as there are not many linguist-content-manager on this one
special page where I want to use it I don't feel bad if content managers
are not allowed to use this. another solution would also be to use a
deprecated tag *uh, dont throw stones at me* :)

> So what I wrote about DAM was just as an example of how one could avoid
> that problem.
> What I see as a problem is that if you use an element out of the html
> vocabulary you will be unable to use this for any other purpose than
> your special one.
> The whole transformation stuff is documented here:
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.1.0/view/5/2/

alright, thanks, but thats like shooting birds with cannons, innit?

> I am curious. <lex> sounds as if it has to do something with language,
> is that true? Question asked by a language teacher (latin).

<lex>Word</lex> is meant to be replaced by <a
href="link_to_page_where_there_is_long_description_of_word(glossary)"
title="just_short_description_of_word(tooltip)">Word</a>

have a nice day & thx for your input