[TYPO3-RTE] IE breaks custom tag

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Tue Jun 17 19:11:36 CEST 2008

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Beylen wrote:

> I dont care about this because it is _replaced_ by a function anyways
> and _not output to frontend_... so where exactly is the problem in using
> those tags?
> and with regards to your dam-<a>-tags, I cant use them as I do not want
> to parse links...I want _tags_ (not links==not <a>-tags) that are
> replaced by the lib.parseFunc (as there is ul,ol,table and so on) and
> that are not destroyed by IE6 when setting them, so a <a> tag wont help
> at all... apparently you are talking about something completely
> different (you=links to files and others,me=custom tags with special
> parsing)

No, sorry, this is not what I meant. I was not talking about any
specific element (be that a, img, var or whatsoever). Perhaps I am
absolutely wrong, but what you need is something you can identify for
parsing it on the way from DB to FE. That was your <lex>-element, right?

Now you cannot use lex in RTE because the most beloved IE will f.. up
any none html element. If you now use var or any other element without
some customized attribute and a special transformation rules for DB->RTE
and vice versa you will be unable to use var for any other purpose but a
lex replacement.

So what I wrote about DAM was just as an example of how one could avoid
that problem.
What I see as a problem is that if you use an element out of the html
vocabulary you will be unable to use this for any other purpose than
your special one.

The whole transformation stuff is documented here:
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.1.0/view/5/2/

I am curious. <lex> sounds as if it has to do something with language,
is that true? Question asked by a language teacher (latin).

Cheers, Uschi