[TYPO3-RTE] New class does not show up in selector list

Denis Bilodeau denis at ubitext.com
Tue Jan 22 02:55:07 CET 2008

Errol Saldanha encountered the problem where new classes where not
showing up in the class selection list in RTEhtmlarea. He said in a
further post that the problem was the browser cache, as he could see the
classes in IE6.

I encounter the same problem, and the classes are not visible from
another computer. I tried renaming the  CSS stylesheet, renaming the
html template where the CSS is named, to no avail.

If I allow the new class (allowedclasses etc), it is indeed saved when I
hardcode it in the text editor, which means that the new CSS file is
there, but when I save, the selector show the new class as "undefined".

Actually, when I make a change to an existing class in the CSS file and
upload it, a simple clearing of the FE cache makes the change effective.

It is just the selector list that obstinately does not update itself.

I have seen a couple references to this in postings, but I am at a loss.
I have seen how to clear the browser cache manually from Tools > Options
 > Privacy in Firefox. It does not work.

Anyone can help? Appreciated.

Denis