[TYPO3-RTE] link escape

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Sat Jan 28 06:55:33 CET 2006

Hi Ben,

> Would it make sense to have some kind of escape for a link? I mean this:
> It often happens users link a word they are typing in the editor. A
> space continues the link and there is currently no way to stop the link
> as far as i can see. I have tested it with OOo writer and it seems that
> CTRL-SHIFT-SPACE stops the link. After I have pressed this combination I
> can continu without the words being linked. Got the picture?
>
> Could something like this be implemented?

You may recall that we have modified htmlArea RTE so that Shift+Space
and Ctrl+Shift+Space will both produce a non-breaking space (see thread
titled "Inserting a non-breaking space").

Looking at OO, it appears that Ctrl+Shift+Space means "Remove all
format" and apparently link information is considered format. You will
see that if you position your cursor inside a link in OO, and press
Ctrl+Shift+Space, the link is removed.

It may make sense to have some way of terminating the link. I am not
sure with what key combination. Things may get more complicated if you
apply the combination in the middle of the link?