[TYPO3-RTE] link escape

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Sun Jan 29 23:57:13 CET 2006

Stanislas Rolland wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>>
>> Would it make sense to have some kind of escape for a link? I mean this:
>> It often happens users link a word they are typing in the editor. A
>> space continues the link and there is currently no way to stop the link
>> as far as i can see. I have tested it with OOo writer and it seems that
>> CTRL-SHIFT-SPACE stops the link. After I have pressed this combination I
>> can continu without the words being linked. Got the picture?
>>
>> Could something like this be implemented?
>>
> You may recall that we have modified htmlArea RTE so that Shift+Space
> and Ctrl+Shift+Space will both produce a non-breaking space (see thread
> titled "Inserting a non-breaking space").
>
> Looking at OO, it appears that Ctrl+Shift+Space means "Remove all
> format" and apparently link information is considered format. You will
> see that if you position your cursor inside a link in OO, and press
> Ctrl+Shift+Space, the link is removed.
>
> It may make sense to have some way of terminating the link. I am not
> sure with what key combination. Things may get more complicated if you
> apply the combination in the middle of the link?

Hi Stanislas,

I doesn't seem to me that it would get more complicated when using such
a key combination. Isn't it possible to stop the link on the right of
the cursor's position with a key combination? Even losing the whole link
wouldn't seem so bad. I mean you can always start over. The advantage of
having the possibility to stop a link outweighs the disadvantage of
losing the whole link.

gRTz

ben
--