[TYPO3-RTE] Link creation problem in Internet Explorer.

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Thu Jan 12 06:49:52 CET 2006

Hi Kasper,
> I have the following problem with the RTE, which I hope someone can
> either reproduce and maybe even solve :-)
>
> I wish to create a link to the URL
> http://www.artboks.dk/artboks%20presentation%2021.05.04/inger%20lise/Inger%20Lise%20forsiden.htm
> and the link text should be www.artboks.dk
>
> Steps to reproduce:
>
> 0) Open Internet Explorer -> Typo3 -> HtmlAreaRTE
> 1) Write: www.artboks.dk
> 2) Select the text and right click. Choose "Edit link" from the
> contextmenu.
> 3) The dialog opens. In the Link tab insert the URL
> http://www.artboks.dk/artboks%20presentation%2021.05.04/inger%20lise/Inger%20Lise%20forsiden.htm
>
> 4) Close the dialog, e.g. using the "Set link" button.
> 5) The link text is now transformed to
> http://www.artboks.dk/artboks%20presentation%2021.05.04/inger%20lise/Inger%20Lise%20forsiden.htm
> instead of just www.artboks.dk
>
> The issue has been around since (at least) version 1.0.0 og HtmlAreaRTE,
> and is still here in version 1.1.1.
>
> I hope someone can help/explain why this happens :-)

Are you sure this is a new behavior?

I believe this is an IE feature. If IE recognizes the content of the
link as an URL, it will replace the content of the link with the new
URL. In your example, I think there is not much that can be done other
than for the user, after the link is set, to erase the part of the URL
that (s)he does not want to see. Or use Firefox :-)

Best regards,