[TYPO3-RTE] Link creation problem in Internet Explorer.

Kasper Ligaard Nielsen ligaard at daimi.au.dk
Wed Jan 11 11:08:19 CET 2006

I have the following problem with the RTE, which I hope someone can
either reproduce and maybe even solve :-)

I wish to create a link to the URL
http://www.artboks.dk/artboks%20presentation%2021.05.04/inger%20lise/Inger%20Lise%20forsiden.htm
and the link text should be www.artboks.dk

Steps to reproduce:

0) Open Internet Explorer -> Typo3 -> HtmlAreaRTE
1) Write: www.artboks.dk
2) Select the text and right click. Choose "Edit link" from the contextmenu.
3) The dialog opens. In the Link tab insert the URL
http://www.artboks.dk/artboks%20presentation%2021.05.04/inger%20lise/Inger%20Lise%20forsiden.htm
4) Close the dialog, e.g. using the "Set link" button.
5) The link text is now transformed to
http://www.artboks.dk/artboks%20presentation%2021.05.04/inger%20lise/Inger%20Lise%20forsiden.htm
instead of just www.artboks.dk

The issue has been around since (at least) version 1.0.0 og HtmlAreaRTE,
and is still here in version 1.1.1.

I hope someone can help/explain why this happens :-)

regards Kasper