[TYPO3-RTE] Link creation problem in Internet Explorer.

Kasper Ligaard Nielsen ligaard at daimi.au.dk
Thu Jan 12 08:29:27 CET 2006

Stanislas Rolland skrev:
> Hi Kasper,
>> I wish to create a link to the URL
>> http://www.artboks.dk/artboks%20presentation%2021.05.04/inger%20lise/Inger%20Lise%20forsiden.htm
>> and the link text should be www.artboks.dk
>>
>> Steps to reproduce:
[snip]
>> The issue has been around since (at least) version 1.0.0 og
>> HtmlAreaRTE, and is still here in version 1.1.1.
> Are you sure this is a new behavior?

I saw it first time in version 1.0, but it might well have been there
all along.

> I believe this is an IE feature. If IE recognizes the content of the
> link as an URL, it will replace the content of the link with the new
> URL. In your example, I think there is not much that can be done other
> than for the user, after the link is set, to erase the part of the URL
> that (s)he does not want to see. Or use Firefox :-)

At least now I know why it is not working as I would have expected.

Thanks' for the answer :-)

PS: When I erase the part that I do not want, then it works in the rte,
but not on the webpage: There the link equals the link text :-(  I will
have a look into it.

regards Kasper