[TYPO3-remotesurvey] remotesurvey developement still not death

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Sep 6 21:59:14 CEST 2009

Hi,

> But i hope, it should be ok to require 4.3 for the remote server.
>
> I only tought, that it would be quite easy to make that grids with extjs.

It's absolutely ok. It's supposed to be a central admin tool, so it's
fine requiring such a tool to run on the latest version of TYPO3.

I just toyed a bit with all the controls that the ExtJS grid offers and
it's really convenient. I think it provides us with a really good base
for creating a UI.

> At the moment we have a serialized query of the servers. So i think if we
> have 100 Servers to manage, it would not be nice anymore.

Definitely.

> And the connection between the servers should/could be secured. There is a
> ticket, but i do not think that it has been done?

No. Nothing has been done.

> you have to update the surveyclient too.

Ah, that's what I missed. And it works! ;-)

> Yep, it should show something, but i had trouble with special characters
> like umlauts. There we have to think about character conversion - but that
> is an complex task (especially with old TYPO3 installations with UTF-8 in
> latin1 databases and so on).

Indeed, there will be issued with character conversion, but I don't
think it's too important if really old TYPO3 installations cannot be
queried properly.

Thanks again for your work.

--

Francois Suter