[TYPO3-remotesurvey] remotesurvey developement still not death

Martin Holtz typo3 at martinholtz.de
Sun Sep 6 09:44:11 CEST 2009

Hi Francois,

>> i just uploaded a new promising version 0.0.1 ;) to svn.
>
> This is awesome! Thanks a lot for keeping this alive. I was too busy
> recently with core development and I don't see an end to it ;-) So I'm
> really glad to pick this up.
nice to hear:)

>> I changed the result-view to EXTJS, so we have now an tab for the
>> extensions which are installed at the remote servers and another tab for
>> the beusers on that servers.
>
> Cool that you moved to 4.3 to use ExtJS. Can't remember if we had
> discussed this or not, but it definitely makes sense.
no, we didnt discussed it, i did not thought about:(

But i hope, it should be ok to require 4.3 for the remote server.

I only tought, that it would be quite easy to make that grids with extjs.

> The extensions tab works fine. However it goes to show that we still
> have a long way to go in terms of UI ;-)
well, i would say we are having a first step of a prototype now.

At the moment we have a serialized query of the servers. So i think if we
have 100 Servers to manage, it would not be nice anymore.

And the connection between the servers should/could be secured. There is a
ticket, but i do not think that it has been done?

> Is the beusers tab supposed to show something? I didn't get anything
> displayed.
you have to update the surveyclient too.

Yep, it should show something, but i had trouble with special characters
like umlauts. There we have to think about character conversion - but that
is an complex task (especially with old TYPO3 installations with UTF-8 in
latin1 databases and so on).

gruss,
martin
--