[TYPO3-news] [TYPO3-project-news] Re: [TYPO3-project-news] Re: [TYPO3-project-news] own template

Karl-Heinz Fischbach c38sgzkz at averlon.net
Tue Oct 27 08:55:57 CET 2015

Hi,
I have done some intensive testing.

Based on your advice Bernd, I went back to the original setting with some modifications in the path (due to my convenience).

[code]

plugin.tx_news {
        view {
                templateRootPaths >
                templateRootPaths {
                        0 = EXT:news/Resources/Private/Templates/
                        1 = fileadmin/templates/ext/news/
                }
                partialRootPaths >
                partialRootPaths {
                        0 = EXT:news/Resources/Private/Partials/
                        1 = fileadmin/templates/ext/news/partials/
                }
                layoutRootPaths >
                layoutRootPaths {
                        0 = EXT:news/Resources/Private/Layouts/
                        1 = fileadmin/templates/ext/news/layouts/
                }
        }
}
[/code]

Now I would expect tx_news to look for the file "List.html" in the path "fileadmin/templates/ext/news/" - but it does not.

The docu tells me under "Partials" (not anywher under Templates): "If you open the template News/List.html you will see the partial ......".

Therefore I created a new directory "News" appended to the path shown  - and what shall I say - tx_news found the template.

Now the docu says also under Partials: "This will embed the output of the partial which is located at Partials/List/Item.html ....."

Following the same rule as above, I added a directory "Partials" appended to the path above and expected tx_news to look for the partials there - but the partial was not found.
Partials are found in the original path as decribed in the TS.

I am sure, I am mixing up some things or have a setting which is really stupid.

But in case I am right with my findings, I would like to encourage the tx_news people to clarify the docu at the point where it says "You can use the following TypoScript in the constants to change the paths...." with some more details on the real paths tx_news searches for files.

If I am totally wrong, please show me on the correct trail.

Thanks
P.S.: It seems I am still not able to format the postings correct. Sorry for that.
--
Regards
Karl-Heinz

Typo3: 7.5