[TYPO3-project-formidable] Reading XML configuration

Manuel Rego Casasnovas mrego at igalia.com
Tue Jun 12 08:35:18 CEST 2007

Hello.

Some time ago I reported a bug in http://bugs.typo3.org/ about a problem
related with the reading of the XML configuration files of FORMidable.

The problem happen when I've some whitespaces before and after some
values in the XML file. I don't know exactly the XML specification but I
think that the whitespaces have to be ignored, like in HTML.
In HTML the blank spaces don't mean anything, however I'm not sure about
if in XML is the same.

If I'm right, the solution to this problem is easy, it would be call the
trim PHP function every time that FORMidable reads something from the
XML configuration file.

An example that it doesn't work:
        <renderer:TEMPLATE>
            <template>
                <path>
                    EXT:u_my_ext/pi1/templates/template.html
                </path>
                <subpart>###FORM###</subpart>
                <errortag>errors</errortag>
            </template>
        </renderer:TEMPLATE>

The problem is in the path property.

I don't know if this is a bug or not. You can read more about that in
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5484

Best regards,
    Rego

--