[TYPO3-project-formidable] Questions about new serchform-and-list concept

Paweł Bandura gawelx at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 18:38:43 CEST 2007

Jerome Schneider pisze:
> Hi Paweł,
>
> 1) Yes you can use majix to set values to blank in searchforms ; fields
> in searchforms are child-renderlets of the renderlet:SEARCHFORM, and
> they're available in $this->aORenderlets ( the array of renderlet
> Objects ) as all the other renderlets.

Strange... I've tried it yesterday and it didn't work, but today - it
does ;] Looks like the case for special agent Molder ;]
Thank you

> 2) You"re right, there are sessions invloved in the process in
> renderlet:SEARCHFORM, as it offers a good mean to persist data accross
> page-refreshes. The counterpart is this stickyness of the search terms.
> For now I don't know how to handle the clearing of search data in the
> session ( I mean automatically and smartly )
>
> Here's the problem:
> The renderlet:LISTER uses plain <a>-links to navigate thru pages and
> sort records. So there's no post of data while changing page. And so the
> content of the searchform has to be kept in session.
>
> A potential solution would be to add a search-criterias-key in each url,
> that will reuse criterias in session if key is present, and clean them
> if not.
>
> What's your opinion ?

I thought about keeping the search criterias in the session and clearing
them in some cases, but I didn't know how to do this.
And then Luc gave the solution :]
If it's possible to implement it should work for me.

Best Regards
Paweł Bandura