[TYPO3-project-formidable] tt_news fe editing with formidable

Luc Muller l.mul-nospam-ler at ameos.com
Fri Aug 3 16:57:13 CEST 2007

Well.
Firstly, welcome on list.

I've done something in this way a few days ago.
but I can't publish it in RTE beacause, it's too specific for our current
purpose.
No loccalang, and so on...

Well basiccaly, to make this possible, what you have to do, is to create a
FORMidable with DB datahandler.
and to create all the renderlets for eache field you want.

This part is quite basic. ith formidable.

assuming the fact you won't use multi-file upload Or Multi Related news and
so on... this can complicate a bit the stuff.

The main "Problem" is that you will have to use TinyMCE as FE editor.
But BE editor isn't compliant with tinyMCE then. you have to render TinyMCE
content compliant with RTTE before insertion in database.
And in the other way, if you want FE editing, you will have to make tinyMCE
RTE compliant with tinyMCE in  frontend.

In fact... RTE and TinyMCE are compliant, but the data in database are not
stored in the same way. this is the bug.

Well, we do have the solution for this. but as the project we are working on
is quite confidential, I'm not sure we can publish right know this process.

May we'll put a tutorial on How to make TinyMCE working with RTE in the next
weeks.

Hope This Helps.

Luc
mailman.196.1186151232.14781.typo3-project-formidable at lists.netfielders.de...