[TYPO3-doc] Current status of TYPO3 CMS in the docs

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Mar 4 16:47:00 CET 2015

Hi Mark,

> I can certainly see that to be true! However, the editorial reference
> at http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/EditorsTutorial/ is critical. We
> have a comparatively urgent need for a German version, as 90% of our
> clients are German speakers and we can't “make do” with an English
> version.

Because we left the topic aside until now, we don't have a defined
process yet. A priori, the translation would reside in its own GitHub
repository. Then we need to manually set up its rendering on
docs.typo3.org, in a way that the translation can be accessed from the
"Versions" menu as happens for those few extensions have a multilingual
manual.

Martin, Xavier, any opinion on that?

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch

TYPO3: Help the project! - http://typo3.org/contribute/