[TYPO3-doc] Current status of TYPO3 CMS in the docs

Mark Howells-Mead mark at mhm.li
Wed Mar 4 14:30:49 CET 2015

> It would obviously be great for docs.typo3.org to be
> multilingual, but given our eternal shortage of resources, I think that it
> is not realistic.

I can certainly see that to be true! However, the editorial reference
at http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/EditorsTutorial/ is critical. We
have a comparatively urgent need for a German version, as 90% of our
clients are German speakers and we can't “make do” with an English
version.

If you could explain how one would go about starting a German version,
being a maintained translation of the English original, then we would
be able to contribute as a team towards making it a reality. The
German language handbook we have maintained internally over the last
six or seven years needs to be brought up-to-date for 6.2 and 7 anyway
and it's a major negative point that we can't point our clients to an
"official" online manual. It makes sense for us to do editorial work
on a German version which benefits the community.

Cheers
Mark