[TYPO3-doc] Current status of TYPO3 CMS in the docs

Philipp Gampe philipp.gampe at typo3.org
Wed Mar 4 14:16:43 CET 2015

Hi Mark,

Mark Howells-Mead wrote:

> What I'm mainly concerned about is that some parts of the core
> documentation are wrong, because the information is outdated and still
> refers to 4.x. Does the Core Team maintain docs.typo3.org too?

Small comment here: Just because it still referns to 4.x or shows old
screenshots, does not mean it is outdated. Many areas of TYPO3 CMS only got
a facelift in terms of styling, without changing the basic concept of
functionality.

Some manuals or not update, simple because it is not worth the effort to
replicate all little changes, while the actual description still works.
Therefore work is focused on the really changed parts.

Although, in this particular example (extbase), it is very likely that the
information is outdated indeed.

Of course you are very welcome to change the situation ;)

Best regards
TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!