[TYPO3-doc] Current status of TYPO3 CMS in the docs

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Mar 4 14:12:47 CET 2015

Hi Mark,

>> The core team has developed a workflow where documentation changes
>> >  introduced by code patches go into separate reST documents which
>> >  are then integrated into the official manuals by the docteam.
>
> Where is this process documented (or available)?

I'm not sure that it's written down anywhere.

The process is as follows:

For any change that is either a new feature, a breaking change or a
deprecation of some existing stuff, the developer is required to add a
reST file to its code patch documenting the change.

All such reST files are located in the TYPO3 core itself, it
"typo3/sysext/core/Documentation/Changelog", which you can see rendered
here:

http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/core/latest/

The current workflow is that Mathias Schreiber will collect all these
changes every time a release happens in the 7 branch and submit patches
to the official documentation. There are actually some pending patches
for 7.1, but no one has had time to review them yet unfortunately.

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch

TYPO3: Help the project! - http://typo3.org/contribute/

Appreciate my work? Support me -
http://www.monpetitcoin.com/en/francois/support-me/