[TYPO3-doc] Integrating "Disqus" on docs.typo3.org

Bastian Waidelich bastian at typo3.org
Mon Sep 9 11:06:20 CEST 2013

Philipp Gampe wrote:

Hi Philipp,

>> * Proper spam protection
>>
>> The commenting should be restricted to users with TYPO3 accounts.
>> Further filtering could be done with akismet if needed.
>
> +1, that should work out mostly.
>
> Just for the record: askismet is not anything better than disqus in terms of
> privacy.

Good point. I thought, they'd use some hash over the message to detect
spam? But anyways, with only logged in users we shouldn't really have
that problem in the first place.

>> * Notification-system
>>
>> Should be possible out of the box with Commands & cron jobs. If traffic
>> gets too high, this could be replaced by a proper job queue.
>
> I do not expect many comments. We should try to restrict to comments to
> helpful additions and try to keep discussions out of the docs.

Me neither, but imagine a news/buzz posting with 20 comments and all of
the comment authors want to be notified about new replies. That adds up
quite quickly.

>> I got a tree based approach to work, but that gets very complex when
>> ordering after votes and I think it wouldn't be very constructive either.
>
> I do not expect many comments. A simple flat list with a reply list for each
> item of the former list should do.

+1

thanks for your feedback!

--