[TYPO3-doc] EM documentation

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu May 16 23:09:03 CEST 2013

Hi,

> I would say, it could fit into the "Installation and Upgrade Guide" [1]
> or it could be something for the "Maintenance Guide" [2] (which is still
> in development).

IMO it would be a good candidate for the Maintenance Guide. The
Installation Guide is really more targeted at beginners I feel.

> However, a part of me says, these instructions describe how to use a
> custom mirror.xml file by updating a value in the database manually. As
> far as I know TYPO3 does not offer a functionality that lets you
> overwrite the default value. So, should this really be documented in an
> official TYPO3 manual or guide?

Well, it could also go to the (currently non-existing) manual of the
extensionmanager sysext. Since we plan to move to ReST for Core manuals
too, it could be the right time to start manuals for those extensions
that don't have any (although obviously not all need to have one).