[TYPO3-doc] EM documentation

Michael typo3ml at schams.net
Tue May 14 13:47:39 CEST 2013

On 14/05/13 19:26, Philipp Gampe wrote:

> I just stumbled over a nice overview on how to change the EM mirror in once
> of the treads in typo3.english:
> http://forum.typo3.org/index.php?t=msg&th=196226&goto=682309&#msg_682309

hmm... good to know, indeed :-)

> IMHO this should be documented somehow, because it can become handy for
> other people behind a firewall.
> So what manual would fit best (or at all)?

I would say, it could fit into the "Installation and Upgrade Guide" [1]
or it could be something for the "Maintenance Guide" [2] (which is still
in development).

However, a part of me says, these instructions describe how to use a
custom mirror.xml file by updating a value in the database manually. As
far as I know TYPO3 does not offer a functionality that lets you
overwrite the default value. So, should this really be documented in an
official TYPO3 manual or guide?

Cheers
Michael

[1] http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/InstallationGuide